Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hobby in 2017






In terms of hobby quantity, 2016 looks pretty similar to 2015.  In 2015, I painted 55 models at 3221 points.  In 2016, I painted 56 models at 3116 points.  Fewer Blood Angels for Adam this year and lots of Imperial Fists and Orks as well as my first Knight getting completed.

The last model of the year turned out to be the Forge World Chaplain Dreadnought that I picked up from eBay.  I had to do some work on the Iron Halo up top.  Like most Dreadnoughts, I had a blast painting it up.




The arms on this models also represent the first time I really got airbrushed yellow right.  I started off with three colours of bone, then went over them with a light coat of Vallejo Game Air Gold Yellow.  It's replaced the various washes for my Imperial fists.  I also added a bit of etched brass to this model in the form of the Imperial Fists icon dead center on the tilt plate.

For 2017, I'm going to keep working away at my Imperial Fists.  The first models on the desk for completion at two Predators, a Vindicator and two Techmarines.  I'll be adding a couple of Dreadnoughts and Drop Pods to the army as well just as part of the Escalation League.  As part of that league, I also have a Warhound Titan to complete for Adam.

Aside from that, I'm going to be completing a Skaven Blood Bowl Team for Nic and I'm going to try to get some terrain and another Knight finished up.  From there, it's going to be more Imperial Fists and hopefully some Sisters of Battle.

8th Edition So Far

  Well, I can safely say that the three plus months since posting isn't intentional.  Summers in Regina are pretty crazily busy ...